Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Those darn impulse buys!




Well, we were at costco on one rainy weekend recently (we seem to be having a few of those lately), and on and impulse purchase we went and bought a Wii. I have to admit, it has been fun playing all of the games with Josh when there is not much to do outside without getting wet, but Josh seems to have picked up a lot of the games very quickly and does have some that he beats both Rick and I a lot (like boxing). Any way, at least we are getting some exercise and not just moving our thumbs. Hopefully all of the nice weather will come back soon.
Jacob, the "little Mommas boy", has also been starting to take more of a shine to his Dad lately, which I have to say, I don't mind too much.
Since we have done the bowling on the Wii, Josh wondered what a real bowling alley was like, so we went to check one out. First we went to one that we used to always go to BK (before kids). Josh had a hard time throwing the ball they had because it was a bit heavy for him. Then we went with my Mom to one she plays in a league at and they had smaller balls, and bumpers. I am a bit rusty, Rick is not too bad, but Josh was getting pretty good at the alley with the bumpers. It is just too bad they would not let me play with the bumpers too, I think that would really have improved my game a lot. Jacob was not quite as impressed as the rest of us & decided to just nap. Rick had to show how good he was though, and bowled while Jacob slept on his shoulder. I think he even bowled better, he picked up the spare and it was a split!

On other news, we are still set for July 19th and 20th in Seattle. The nurse in Seattle called us back and said she tried to get it moved up, but with no success. She did say there was still a possibility it could get moved up with the help of Jacob's doctor here and the one in Seattle working together to get it moved. So I mentioned that to his office, and we will see what happens. Whatever happens, happens though. We can't do much about it so I guess we just have to wait and see. The only bad part is that the new medicine is not working, in fact it works even less than the last one, so I don't know what the next step there is. Hopefully they will figure that part out soon. Maybe try for medicine number 4, or a combo of all the last 3? I don't know how many more of them there are for a little boy to try.
Jacob is still not quite walking, but gets around pretty quick. We are always having to keep one eye on the stairs, because he seems to like to climb them by himself whenever you aren't watching. He seems to be close to walking, but just has not dared to take those first few steps. When he is ready he will, and then we will really be chasing him around.
I hope all had a great Memorial weekend and I hope everyone has a great week!









No comments:

Post a Comment

Baseball is in "full Swing"

It is baseball season in the Wilkison house and all three boys are playing, so that has kept us pretty busy.  We seem to have eith...