Saturday, March 12, 2011

Another day goes by

Jacob is doing well again today, he has been tired, but is eating well, and getting the rest he needs.  He has not thrown up today, and they are happy with that, but I guess we are not out of the woods on that yet, it could still happen before the end of the week the Dr. said.  He has not had to have a lot of pain medicine, mostly a bit of Tylenol, I think he has a pretty high tolerance to it like me, so that is good. He has complained a little bit, but not much, I would probably be complaining more.  He does not like all of the wires and tubes coming off him though and has tried many times to pull them off and out.  He has even gotten his head wrap pulled apart enough that it is starting to look like a birds nest.  The nurse and I even joked about trying to find a bird to put in it and he gave us a dirty look.  We had to finally put a new restrain on him to limit the movement of his left arm, so he could not reach the top of his head (of course we had to get permission from the doctor first).  I have not heard much babbling from him, and his cry is so quite, I don't know if that is from the tiredness, or if it has something to do with his left hemisphere not being there to work anymore, it is a question I will have to remember to ask his Dr. tomorrow.  Of course as I type this he is waking up and starting to get a bit louder in his cry.  He even managed to get 2 of his leads off, so the nurse had to come and move them (we will see how long that lasts).

Josh came to see him today and was again afraid to get too close to him and especially touch him, I have not been able to figure out why exactly he just said he was afraid.  I told him that Jacob was not sick and would not make him sick, but he was still afraid.  I don't know if the fact that Jacob is so quite and still sometimes makes Josh nervous, or what.  Jacob did get to see him though and I think liked it, at least until he realized he had food waiting for him and then he was more interested in that.  Before Josh came by to see us though, he got to play with his friend Milo, who is Liz and Gary's/Patricia and Tom's neighbor.  He is a year older than Josh and he made friends with him on our first trip out here almost a year ago and every time we come out he is always anxious to go and see him. 

All in all it has been a somewhat uneventful day, and hopefully Jacob will be more awake and ready to move around tomorrow, although with that could come some louder complaints, but I am ok with that.

3 comments:

  1. Glad to hear Jacob has had another good day. You are so strong, Meghan! Take care and thanks for the update.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey guys - thanks for keeping us updated, helps with the worry and wondering here in boise. We send our positive thoughts and energy to you all. Love Lisa and Bill

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's SO good to see this little guys eyes open and hear that he's expressing himself. I hope things continue to go well in the next few weeks. Got the address you sent me. Thank you for taking time out of your hectic day to send it. I'm thinking of you all and send all my love your way.

    ReplyDelete

Baseball is in "full Swing"

It is baseball season in the Wilkison house and all three boys are playing, so that has kept us pretty busy.  We seem to have eith...