Tuesday, January 3, 2012

A New Year

I have one New Years resolution:  to keep up on the blog at least 2 times a month.  I don't know how I let it get so that the last post was in September.  I have been a bad blogger, all I can say is something always came up.  I have sat down to update the blog numerous times, I think I even had a draft waiting for me, but every time I started to write it, something distracted me.  Now I am not making any excuses, I truly believe you can always find time for things you would like to get done (and I did want to do it), but something else always became a priority at the time.  Oh well, that is in the past and it is a New Year! I vow to update more. 

Visiting the firehouse in Utah
going for a ride in the firetruck
Anyway, so much has happened I will not bother to write it all.  We had a great Halloween, a wonderful Thanksgiving visiting with Rick's Family in Utah, and a great Christmas and New Year here at home.  Everyone is happy and healthy (after a bout of colds that hit all of us and lingered around for a while) and Joshua even celebrated his 6th Birthday yesterday.

I started to get Christmas cards out in the mail, but then decided that so much had happened that we should write a Christmas letter (Rick also agreed). I did not get it out yet either, so now we will send out a New Years letter (and I hope to have them in the mail soon). 
Jacob is doing well in his therapies and is saying more and more all of the time.  He has shown that he likes to be mischievous, and all of his therapists know it now.  He is still seizure free and we get closer and closer to that one year mark where we will be able to take him off his last seizure medicine.  (It is hard to believe that this time last year we were still finding out whether or not they even wanted to do surgery, we have come a long way!)  He has been approved to start a developmental preschool when he turns 3, and we have our first observation scheduled for next week.  I am not sure how I will handle having just Tucker 4 (half) days a week, but I am sure we can find something to fill our time.


Tucker is growing bigger, but is not as big as either of his brothers were (I guess because he prefers to sleep a bit more than eating all the time like his brothers did).  He is starting to sit up and is very close to mastering it.  He has held his sitting up position (by himself unsupported) for about 10 seconds now without falling, so I know that soon he will be a pro!  He is still the easiest baby in the world, so I guess the 3 time is the charm ;) He likes both of his brothers a lot, and does not even get scared of Jacob coming at him anymore (Jacob has learned to be more gentle with him though). 

 Joshua is doing quite well in Montessori and is one of the best readers in his class.  I have a feeling he will go into 1st grade at public school next year in the top of his class.  Hopefully he won't get too bored.  He is good with both of his brothers and has even made the comment that we should have another one (to which I laughed out loud and said "are you crazy"). I had to inform him that I made sure already that we would not have any more. 
Josh blowing out his candles in his "Handsome suit"

Josh's Birthday "Handsome Suit" #2
Jacob pushing Tucker while shopping
 Well, this post has been long enough now, so I will just end it by saying I hope everyone had wonderful holidays and have an even better New Year!  We send all our love out to all our friends and family!

1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear everything is going so well. Hard to believe that it has been almost a year since Jacob and then Emily's surgeries. They were saying for her too that she should be able to be taken off her last medicine at that time. She will be excited not to have to take anymore pills. Those boys of yours are just so cute!

    ReplyDelete

Baseball is in "full Swing"

It is baseball season in the Wilkison house and all three boys are playing, so that has kept us pretty busy.  We seem to have eith...