Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Our social little guy

Jacob seems to be the ever social guy with everyone he sees now a days. When he does his therapy lately, if someone walks by he has to stop whatever he is doing and give them the cute, flirtatious smile (especially if it is a girl), or the stare down. You never know which one he will give.
He has at times taken on a relaxed attitude when he does not know if he really wants to do things, so it is making the therapists work a bit harder at times with new ways of getting him to do what they want him to do (which does not always work). He is still working hard however, and is still making daily progress with all he does. Tonight he walked a lap all the way around the rehab section, after doing a whole day of therapy (see videos below). He still seems happy most all of the time (and really likes to have some tickle time) but has sounded like he called Josh's name once or twice.
I think we are both getting to the point where we are getting anxious to be done and go home. I know that for as much as I want him to be as good as he can be, I am counting down the days until we get checked out (sometimes multiple times a day). I am willing to put in whatever time it takes though for Jacob to be ready. Luckily they still say that is the 15Th of April, and only a week and a half away.
I am also finally figuring out how to get the hospital fold down couch to a point where it is almost comfortable. I guess after 3 1/2 weeks, or how ever long it has been, it is about time. I actually only woke up once last night (or maybe I was just so tired I could not wake up more than that).

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh it is so wonderful to see his progress in a video! Thank you so much for your tenacity with these updates. We love you Jacob!

    ReplyDelete

Baseball is in "full Swing"

It is baseball season in the Wilkison house and all three boys are playing, so that has kept us pretty busy.  We seem to have eith...