Tuesday, March 29, 2011

He's Come a Long Way

It is hard to believe that about a week and a half ago I was a bit stressed because I was not sure that Jacob was going to get enough time in rehab.  We were so sure that to short him any less than 6 weeks would be a disgrace because that is what he was really supposed to be needing.  I look at him today and I am so impressed with how far he has come in such short of time, that I am not worried about him anymore.  He is strong willed and stubborn for sure, but I think that is working in his favour now.  Every day he seems to be improving so much more than the day before.  Like with the sitting up thing, last week we were so impressed that he sat by himself for a minute without falling.  This week, I have hardly any worries of him falling at all.  It is like he is back to his old self of sitting like a pro.  Then there is the walking thing, a few days ago I would never have guessed that he would be trying to walk, and suddenly today, having so much stamina that he could walk all the way from the gym to our room without giving up, even though he was tired. 
He is also doing more and more babbling all of the time.  He is almost doing more babbling and making more word like sounds, that I am think he is going to surpass were he was even before in speech, in the next few days.  I have great hopes now for the next few weeks.  I am sure he is going to come back a new kid. 
I have talked a little about the construction that Joshua, and Jacob at times has watched from our windows while we have been at Seattle Children's Hospital, but I did not talk about one piece of that construction that has been of interest to the rest of us.  When we first got there, we saw a sign that said "Waldo is on Vacation".  We had an idea of what that might have meant, but we weren't completely sure until today.  Waldo is back.  Today he was pretty easy to find (although it was funny how many nurses did not find him right away), but we will have to see were he ends up tomorrow.  That is him in the 4 wheel vehicle waving at everyone.  Apparently he has been missed, so we are glad he is back.  Now tomorrow we can play Where's Waldo.   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Baseball is in "full Swing"

It is baseball season in the Wilkison house and all three boys are playing, so that has kept us pretty busy.  We seem to have eith...