Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Still cranky, but getting better

 It was my night last night to stay at the hospital with Jacob and I have to admit it makes me feel guilty when I don't stay there every night.  He loves so much to sit with me and snuggle and he gives me those sad pouty eyes and grabs at me when I have to leave (which I try not to very often).  He also looks at me like he is mad at me for a while when I come back, but I realize that I also have a five year old who does need me too, even if he is a Daddies little boy most of the time.     
Jacob seemed to have a pretty good nights sleep last night and woke up in a better mood, although very hungry again.  He did pretty good on his morning therapies, but started to act uncomfortable towards the end, and then we went back to his room where we waited for lunch.  He ate lunch, and then he took a nap, but unfortunately with the time we waited for luch and eating he did not go down until 12:40 pm and they came to get him for his afternoin therapies at 1:20 pm.  So I got to wake him up.  That went ok, but he is a slow waker uper, and so the afternoon therapies did not go quite as well and he still needed more nap after the therapy was over.  I suppose one of these days we will get this schedule thing down.  
Our friends Liz and Gary came to the hospital to hang out with us for a while, and since it was Ivar's 106 bithday, they bought us Ivars for dinner.  Josh and I went with Gary to get it, and boy was there a line, but we brought it back to the hospital and ate it with Jacob.  He had just finished all of his food (cleaned his plate again), but still eyed us all for ours, so I shared some french fries and fish with him (until I was done and then he moved on to whomever else had some left). 
My mom is staying tonight and I hope they have a restful night and he won't be too hard on me tomorrow when I show up.  He will feel better I hope when he realizes it is my night to stay tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful that Joshua is getting out and having some fun from time to time! What a fantastic big brother he is. Jacob is a lucky little brother.

    ReplyDelete

Baseball is in "full Swing"

It is baseball season in the Wilkison house and all three boys are playing, so that has kept us pretty busy.  We seem to have eith...