Friday, March 4, 2011

Thankful!

As we get ready to make the trek to Seattle for what I am know will be a life changing event (for all of us), I can not help but stop and think of all the friends and family that I am so grateful to have.  I don't think this is a journey I could undertake without everyone around me and all of the support you have all provided (and continue to provide).  I know that Jacob is a strong little guy, and with our help will come out of this with flying colors, but I am sure my/our strength will be tested just as much (if not maybe a bit more). 

I have to thank everyone for so much help and support.  There are so many of you, and I don't know the best way to do it, but we really appreciate everyone!  No matter what the outcome for little Jacob is I am so thankful to have him and Joshua and Rick, and even this squirmy little guy who weighed in yesterday at a whopping 15oz on his ultrasound.  We have also been blessed with so many family and friends and I am ever so thankful for all of you.

We had a care conference yesterday that my Mom set up with various therapists, doctors, home care nurses and such that have been/might be involved in Jacob's rehab and as it turns out we may need to be in Seattle for a little more time than originally anticipated to get all of the therapy Jacob may need in the beginning.  I guess we will figure it out as it comes along.  I am going to miss everyone that we will not see for a while, but hopefully when we get back, Jacob will be almost as good as new and on his way to a fresh start at being a kid with NO seizures!  I want to send all of my love out to everyone and know that I will be thinking of you all, even while being ever consumed with Jacob's situation.  I promise to keep updating constantly, as it will be helpful for me to tell all of you how he is doing.

All my love and Thanks! 
Meghan

3 comments:

  1. Thinking of you all this week and sending all of our positive, healing energy. We will look forward to the updates. Remember to take good care of yourself too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey guys - sending you our thoughts, strength and lots of hugs and love. We will be watching here and hope to have rick over for dinner while you are recovering. all of out best - Lisa and bill

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thinking of you all today - GOD Bless!!

    ReplyDelete

Baseball is in "full Swing"

It is baseball season in the Wilkison house and all three boys are playing, so that has kept us pretty busy.  We seem to have eith...