Saturday, April 9, 2011

Out of Isolation

Jacob, Thursday with his runny nose and drool in high production.

It was a fairly short lived cold thank goodness, and Friday at noon, they let Jacob out of Isolation.  It was a very good thing because that morning he had turned into mister crazy man.  It had appeared he had been couped up in his room for just a bit too long.  All day thursday they came into his room to do his therapy and that was ok for a bit, but the walking around part proved to be less helpful.  He kept wanting to walk to the door, but not so excited about turning around and walking back into the room. 
 As soon as he had been free of the runny nose though, they lifted the isolation and gave us the go ahead for passes out of the hospital.  So friday night we took advantige of it and went to REI to look around and then went to get a quick dinner with Liz and Gary.  We all enjoyed getting out and Jacob fell asleep in the car within minutes of getting back in after dinner.  We made it back to the hospital (before our curfew), got Jacob awake and I was able to give him his first bath in about 4 days or so.  Then I gave him his medicine and was able to get him back to sleep fairly easy (I was afraid the cat nap was going to mess us up).  I was tired too, so I decided to turn in without my usual blog updating for 2 nights in a row (sorry).
At about 2 in the morning, I woke up unable to breath.  I was stuffed up so bad suddenly, I could not sleep.  This cold that I was sure I had avoided, had hit me full boar.  I layed awake for at least 45 minutes before I thought I would get up and update the blog.  Unfortunetly, I woke Jacob up and had to shut down my stuff.  It was like he was telling me to just go to sleep, so I tried again.  I finally fell asleep sometime before 4 am.  Not exatly my restful nights sleep, but oh well.  It was short lived with him, so maybe it will be with me.  We still have our passes for the weekend, we will just have to decide what to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Baseball is in "full Swing"

It is baseball season in the Wilkison house and all three boys are playing, so that has kept us pretty busy.  We seem to have eith...