Tuesday, April 12, 2011

3 Days to Go

I am afraid I am having trouble concentrating on anything at this point other than going home, it is a good thing I am not the one doing all of the work.  I think at times though, that Jacob is either feeling the same way, or sensing my feelings, because he seems to be getting more and more bored or needing a change of scenery at the end of the afternoon when his rehab is all done. Tonight was no exception.  He was just in one of those moods all evening that was between calmed down temporarily, then frustrated, or just down right upset.  He made himself so upset that at least once he threw up a little bit of his juice because he was coughing and choking while crying (something both of my boys do for some reason) Unfortunately, we are no strangers to puke.  Needless to say, when I finally got him calmed down, he did fall asleep fast because he wore himself out. 
I believe I myself am worn out too, and I don't really mean the end of the day worn out, I mean the end of a long month and a half of sleeping on hard pull out couches, and strange beds and just plain mental and physical tiredness.  I think when we do get home, I will want to sleep for a week (if only that were possible). 
Until then though, we have three more days to finish up all we have to do here, like therapy and anything we need to learn before we leave. 
Tomorrow, we have an outing planned with the physical and recreational therapists to a nearby park and a chance to see how Jacob does in the outside world with them.  It should be a good change of scenery and pace for us and maybe will make the day go by that much faster.  I will be sure to take my camera along for any good photo ops, so I can post them tomorrow night. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Baseball is in "full Swing"

It is baseball season in the Wilkison house and all three boys are playing, so that has kept us pretty busy.  We seem to have eith...