Monday, April 4, 2011

Shuttle Smuttle

Rick got up very early this morning to take a shower and get ready so he and Josh could fly back to Boise today.  Their flight was to leave at 8 am, but the Ronald McDonald house had set up a shuttle service to come and pick them up, so I did not have to drive them.  The shuttle company told them they would be there between 5:20 am and 5:40 am, so they needed to be in the lobby and ready.  I got up with them so I could wait and say goodbye as they were leaving.  We went to the lobby with all of their stuff, and waited.  The shuttle company showed up at sure enough around 5:40, and the driver came in and started carrying stuff to the van & getting everything loaded.  Rick tried to help him, but he told Rick not to worry about it and to leave it on the curb and he would get it all in.  We said our goodbyes and they got in the van, and I went back to the room to try to go back to sleep as the driver drove off to the airport. 
I was having a bit of trouble getting to sleep, and I almost got back up, but I was so tired, I decided I needed to try to sleep.  I finally did and at about that time, my phone rang and woke me up.  It was Rick asking me if his computer bag was there.  I said "huh? you took it to the shuttle with you."  He told me it never made it in the van, because they could not find it. Which meant one thing, it had to be still at the Ronald McDonald house, so I went to see.  Sure enough, sitting on the curb in the rain was his bag.  It had been sitting there for 45 minutes.  I was surprised it was still there.  It was his work computer, so that meant only one thing: I had to take it to the airport to get it on their flight.  I got dressed really fast and hoped there wouldn't be traffic (on a Monday morning in Seattle?).   I drove to the airport, maybe exceeding the speed limit by only a little, and met them out front on the departures terminal.  I got it there by 7:03, they had the bag.  So much for the shuttle, I should have just driven them myself!  
Jacob did well in therapy again today, and even did some walking with just a hand hold for a short time.  It still amazes me how much he improves every day.  He is getting spunkier and spunkier every day too.  His gentle manner has turned into mister aggressive at times.  we are having to remind him constantly to be gentle, as we have all gotten grabbed or scratched or something very hard.  His voice is getting louder and louder also, except maybe when the doctor comes in and then he doesn't say anything and they wonder if we are telling fibs. (His doctor did walk by his room today as Jacob was yelling and came in saying he heard a voice he did not recognize.)  He truly is like there was a little boy inside of him that was struggling to get out and do all of the things that he had trouble doing all of the time before because of the seizures.  I am very happy they are gone, and I hope and pray that they will never come back.

1 comment:

  1. Meghan - we too are so very happy that little noisy, fun, ever changing boy is here -here to stay! keeping you all in our thoughts and prayers and looking forward to meeting the new jacob when you come home :) miss you all - love lisa and bill

    ReplyDelete

Baseball is in "full Swing"

It is baseball season in the Wilkison house and all three boys are playing, so that has kept us pretty busy.  We seem to have eith...