Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Dang cold

Last night was my Mom's night for staying at the hospital, so left them and went to the RM house to do some of Jacob's laundry (he was almost out of PJ's).  Jacob was pretty tired, and went to sleep a bit early, but unfortunately, that did not last.  A while later, he woke up and threw up all of his dinner.  They cleaned him up, and gave him some Tylenol and I guess he slept OK the rest of the night. 
This morning though, he had a terrible runny nose and sneezing, was a bit cranky, and he threw up his breakfast so they had to put him in isolation.  Now he apparently just seems to have a cold, but when you are in isolation you can't leave the room and everyone that comes in has to get dressed up in a nice gown, some gloves and a mask.  Of course I understand for the sake of the other patients, but I just hope it doesn't last too long.  Jacob will become stir crazy for sure if he can't go anywhere for too long. 
He still did his morning therapies, they just did them in the room (with all the garb on).  He was very tired by the end and went to sleep earlier than normal.  He was still asleep by the time his afternoon therapies were supposed to start, and I usually wake him up if he is still sleeping, but today I decided he needed the rest more.  He slept for about 3 hours and woke up just in time for his last one.  He was in a better mood after his nap, but seemed to have a small fever, so we gave him some Tylenol and then I just played with him for a while.  They were running some tests on his mucus, and I have not gotten any results, but the doctor asked me what I thought it was and I told him I was pretty sure he just had a cold.  I have a terrible gag reflex that both of my boys seemed to have inherited, and whenever we sleep with lots of mucus in our throats (and stomachs) we have a tendency to throw it all up, sometimes even after we have already eaten ( I have even been know to throw up just brushing my teeth).  He tended to agree with me on the diagnosis and said when the tests come back OK (or just showing a cold) we would probably be off the hook for isolation.  They just have to make sure he does not have some kind of flu bug, or RSV or something more serious.  So hopefully tomorrow he will feel better, the tests will come back OK, and our chances of getting a pass for the weekend are going to still be good. 
On the up side we got a visit from one of my Dad's old friends, Mike, that used to work at Alaska Airlines with him.  He brought Jacob a cute monkey that Jacob broke in pretty quick by chewing on it, and then he and my Mom brought me some dinner from Ivar's Fish house.  That was yummy, and so much better than the cafeteria (not that I could have gotten there very easily).  Something about being near the ocean, make you want seafood more often then you do when you are home.  I have been good though and am limiting it only to what I am supposed to eat while being pregnant.  Well I should get to sleep now, just in case the night does not go as well as I would like, and I will pray for a healthier day tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Baseball is in "full Swing"

It is baseball season in the Wilkison house and all three boys are playing, so that has kept us pretty busy.  We seem to have eith...